Thursday, July 16, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/16/2015

File:A Philosopher LACMA M.91.125.2.jpg
A Philosopher, Jusepe De Ribera, Spain, 1637

Daily Thoughts 07/16/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Mission Based Marketing 2nd Edition on the way to work.  I created a short competitors list while doing this.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also finished taking the Collection Development Policy class on Webjunction which is a 1.5 hour class.

The book, Blueprint for Your Library Marketing Plan: A Guide to Help You Survive and Thrive by Patricia H. Fisher came in for me to read.

I spent some time printing up flyers for people to bring to events.

I also did some more work on the 700s.

Web Bits

When Browsing Books First Lines Still Matter
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-harper-lee-go-set-a-watchman-opening-line-20150713-story.html

Protesters Rally Check Out Books To Make Clear Concerns Over Weeding at Berkeley Central Library
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2015/07/14/protesters-rally-check-out-books-to-make-clear-concerns-over-weeding-at-berkeley-central-library/

No comments: