Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/29/2015



Daily Thoughts 07/29/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the gift books this morning and the displays.

I am talking to Select Reads on Friday about the book lists that they generate http://www.selectreads.com

I read through the latest Times Literary Supplement, the New York Review of Books, and the New York Times Book Review.  I have a few books to order.

I am attending a webinar on Crowdfunding for Libraries: Technology Tips for Futuristic Fundraising at 2:00 p.m.  I enjoyed watching the webinar.  The part on Indiegogo was the most interesting.  Indiegogo allows you to keep the money raised even if you don't reach your goal unlike Kickstarter. One of the main points is that you need to start building a crowd before you start crowdfunding.


Web Bits

Great New Possibilities for the Library of Congress
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2015/aug/13/great-new-possibilities-library-congress/

No comments: