Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/15/2015

Ivan Shishkin and A. Guinet in the studio on the island of Valaam - Ivan Shishkin
Ivan Shishkin, 1860, In the Studio on the Island of Valaam

Daily Thoughts 07/15/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I read some more of Mission Based Marketing.  I am reading about how to identify competitors both internal and external.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also printed up some more flyers.

I read a copy of the latest Publishers Weekly.  I also checked out two books, Paradise Sky by Joe Lansdale which is about Nat Love and Future Crimes by Marc Goodman

I spent some time taking an online class from Webjunction.  I am taking all four parts of the online collection development course.  I am on the second part which is about collection policy.

There is a Beginning HTML class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab today.

I am looking at a book called Lagoon by Nnedia Okorafor called Lagoon about an alien landing in Lagos, Nigeria.

There is a Board of Trustees meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m..  There will be a new president of the board of trustees and a new trustee will be sworn in.

I watched The Invisible Universe Revealed tonight which was a dvd on the Hubble telescope.  Hubble is the first space telescope.  It revealed the age of universe, showed us blackholes, and also had some beautiful photography of astronomical phenomena.  This is a PBS special.

Web Bits


The Magic of Words

Libraries and Book Collections As Essential Cultural Institutions


No comments: