Sunday, September 4, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/04/2016

Young Woman in Interior - Francisc Sirato
Young Woman In Interior, 1923, Francisc Sirato

Daily Thoughts 09/04/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed the book, The Nix by Nathan Hill on hold.

I started reading Paper Paging Through History by Mark Kurlansky.  We learn that paper was invented in China, then spread to Japan, then the Arabic countries.  This is a well designed book with nice end papers, quality paper, and excellent typography.  The book is printed by Quad Graphics in Fairfield, designed by Barbara Bachman, and the production manager is Julia Druskin.  The quality of the book makes it easier to read.

I started my class today for grant writing and fundraising.  I introduced myself and am working on a needs statement for the class.  I thought this list of grants was interesting.
http://staff.lib.msu.edu/harris23/grants/2lib.htm

Web Bits


One in Four Americans Didn't Read a Book Last Year

Libraries Engage Familes In Lifelong Learning

Alabama Library Threatens Jail Time for Overdue Books

Queens Library Launches Digital Archives


No comments: