Thursday, September 29, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/29/2016


File:Vincent van Gogh - Oleander.jpg
Vincent Van Gogh, Oleander, 1888

Daily Thoughts 09/29/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books in the morning.  I also printed some flyers.  I spent some time revising a grant for the library in the afternoon.

We started working on creating a new list of shelf labels.  One of the people who reports to me is putting the holiday books in order.

The book, 40+ New Revenue Sources for Libraries and Nonprofits by Edmund A. Rossman III came in for me to read.

I also put out the latest copy of Bookpage.

I ordered some cookbooks as well.

I spent some time looking through the Times Literary Supplement, Bookpage, and the New York Review of Books.  I also looked through two copies of the New York Times Book Review.

There is a Microsoft Word class in the computer lab today from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits


Holding Tight to Its 'Philosophy' Boston Public Library Re-installs Rare, Restored Mural

Library Participating in Read Aloud 15 Minutes Program

Historic Public Library on Gratiot to Open as a Bookstore




No comments: