Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2016

Poetry, from the 'Stanza della Segnatura' - Raphael
Poetry, from the 'Stanza della Segnatura', Raphael, 1509-1511

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I read some more of Paper Paging Through History by Mark Kurlansky.  I am reading about paper during the American revolutionary war and how paper played an important role in the French revolution.

I spent some time working on grants today.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I did a little bit of work on programming as well.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.

The book, Legacies for Libraries: a Practical Guide to Planned Giving by Amy Sherman Smith came in for me to read.

The crochet group met today from 2;30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

We have a Fundamentals of Computers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class in the computer lab tonight.

I read some more of Paper Paging Through History by Mark Kurlansky.  I am reading about the industrial revolution and paper.  There is a bit on steam, iron printing presses, and ways to make paper from wood pulp.  He also writes about Paul Gaugin and Pablo Picasso and how they relate to paper.

Web Bits


Q&A: Margaret Atwood Graphic Novelist

Alan Moore Confirms He is Retiring From Creating Comic Books

New York Public Library Rooms to Reopen After Ceiling Repairs

No comments: