Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Daily Thoughts 05/10/2017


Daily Thoughts 05/10/2017


I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.


On the way to work, I read some more of Deviate.  I am reading about how the best way to change the future is to reinterpret how you experienced the past.  The author also describes how to ask questions which challenge your assumptions.


There was a Senior Memoir Class this morning from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Fiction Room.  We are having Reverend Leslie L. Booker read from her poetry book, Psalms for the 21st Century tonight from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.


I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also read through a copy of Booklist and the latest New York Review of Books.


I checked out the book, Utopia for Realists How We Can Build The Ideal World by Rutger Bregman.

I am looking at the book, How To Create Your Own Gig Posters Band T-Shirts Album Covers and Stickers.  Screenprinting, Photocopy Art, Mixed-Media Collage, and Other Guerrilla Poster Styles by Ruthann Godollei.  It has a radical print shop feeling to it.  They have some interesting pictures.  I like the examples of people using car tires to make prints as well as stamping with found objects.


I also printed a few more flyers.



Web Bits

Does Meeting Authors Make Us Better Librarians
http://knowledgequest.aasl.org/meeting-authors-make-us-better-librarians/

No comments: