Saturday, May 13, 2017

Daily Thoughts 05/13/2017

NEWSPAPER - Cassandre
Newspaper (1934), Cassandre

Daily Thoughts 05/13/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Utopia for Realists this morning.  I am reading about how opening borders would increase wealth.  I also read about how machines will inceasingly replace peoples jobs.

I watched the movie Snowden today on dvd.  I find some of the story to not be believable.  I also watched the film, The Arrival last night which I thought was fantastic.  There were pieces of it that were very subtle and well thought out.

This afternoon, I finished reading Utopia for Realists How We Can Build The Ideal World by Rutger Bregman.  It is a challenge to the left to create a new platform for change focused on on poverty elimination, a guaranteed basic income, a shortened work week with solutions to the race against the machine, and a utopian belief in open borders.  The book had a lot of ideas written into a coherent political platform for change.  It was a mix of realism and impractical political idealism which will interest many people.  Rutger Bregman is Dutch so his viewpoint is different than the American left..  He is a proponent for basic income in Europe.

Web Bits


Corporate Champions Urge Senators to Support FY 18 Library Funding

No comments: