Friday, May 19, 2017

Daily Thoughts 05/19/2017


Gerrit Van Vucht, Still Life With Books, Between 1658 and 1697

Daily Thoughts 05/19/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.  We have gotten in a lot of new books lately.

I also put in some orders for books.

I spent some time discussing staffing.

I also printed a few flyers.

I discussed a program on immigration.

I also checked on the computer lab.

I am looking at the pictures in Mad Enchantment Claude Monet and The Paintings of the Water Lilies by Ross King.  It is a very pretty book.

On the way home, I read some of The Stress Proof Brain Master Your Emotional Response to Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity by Melanie Greenberg, PhD. I spent some time identifying stressors in my life.  There is a section on meditation practices focused on mindfulness.

Web Bits

The Librarian of Congress Weighs In On Why Card Catalogs Matter

The Library of Books and Bombs





No comments: