Friday, May 26, 2017

Daily Thoughts 05/26/2017


Fact and Fiction, cover, "Leslie's illustrated weekly newspaper" (1917), Norman Rockwell

Daily Thoughts 05/26/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also am looking over some of the computer policies.

I read Building the New American Economy Smart, Fair, and Sustainable by Jeffrey D. Sachs Foreword by Bernie Sanders.  This is a left leaning approach to fixing the economy based on the ideas of sustainable development.  It is a quick and easy to read.  The book is 128 pages long.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent some time doing administrative work: looking up policies, putting together an organizational chart for my department, and checking some things from my email.

I also put in two orders of books this morning.

I spent some time looking at the New York Times Bestsller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I also figured out how much we spent on e-books so far this year.

I am looking at the book, Homo Deus A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari.

Web Bits

Record Number of Senators Sign LSTA Letter
https://ala.informz.net/informzdataservice/onlineversion/ind/bWFpbGluZ2luc3RhbmNlaWQ9NjYyMTQ1MyZzdWJzY3JpYmVyaWQ9MTAwNzQwMTk5NQ==


Amazon Sets Up Shop In The Heart of the Publishing Industry

Libraries and Summer Food Programs: An Intellectual Freedom Argument

Seashore Library                           


No comments: