Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Daily Thoughts 10/16/2019

File:The John Rylands Library Reading Room Enclosure.jpg
Here is an hdr photograph taken from an enclosure inside the reading room at The John Rylands Library. Located in Manchester, Greater Manchester, England, UK. The apse of the historic reading room, 1st floor

Daily Thoughts 10/16/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Introducing Capitalism A Graphic Guide By Dan Cryan, Sharron Shatil & Pietro.  I like this series.  All of the book are informative and easy to read.  The illustrations in black and white are well done.  There are opinions from the left, right, and center about capitalism as a system.  It makes for interesting reading.

I also finished looking through Hack Your Journal, Stay Organized & Record Everything That Matters With One Notebook.  There are over 40 layouts for organizing different activities.  It is a book that is both practical and artistic at the same time.  I like the lettering which is used in the book.

I checked the displays and gift books.

I also checked some of the books in the mezzanine.

We are continuing to shift the collection.

I wrote some commentary on our new catalog as well as on weeding.

I spent some time looking up preservation grants for libraries.

Web Bits

Why Did a Georgia School District Ban This No. 1 Bestseller About Race

Major Public Library System Will Boycott McMillan Library E-books

12 Authors and their TED Talks

Women’s Suffrage Displays




No comments: