Friday, October 18, 2019

Daily Thoughts 10/18/2019

Charles Green - The Student.jpg
The Student, Charles Green, 1881

Daily Thoughts 10/18/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some of Hipster Death Rattle by Richie Narvaez.  I like that people act badly.  They smoke things, drink too much, and cause their neighbors trouble.  I also like that the villain is cutting down hipsters in Brooklyn.  There is some very dark humor and the descriptions of Williamsburg are accurate.  This book has a unique style.

I also read some of The Importance of Small Decisions by Michael J. O'brien, R. Alexander Bentley, and William Brock.  This book explains how and why small decisions can make a difference.  Part of this is about how small decisions can compound over time like eating out or choosing to take specific actions at work.  The book is surprisingly practical.  It is by the MIT Press.

I checked the shelves in the mezzanine.

We worked on shifting on the main floor.  We are in the 700s.  I also did a little bit of shelf reading.

I worked on two orders of books. 

I read the latest New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I deleted some items that were not found.


No comments: