Sunday, June 15, 2008

Morning Thoughts, Blue Room

I thought the image matched the poem quite well.

Happy Fathers Day. I am not blue, just a bit contemplative this morning.

I spent a little bit of time on various social networking blogs. On Fuelmyblog, I found a very interesting story site with word pictures. That is the best way to describe it. The stories have a very light, free quality to them. Travel and Sing. http://travelandsing.com/

I thought I would add a companion poem to an earlier poem I had written called Red Room. This one is called Blue Room. It is a dark poem like the earlier poem.

Blue Room

Blue room in a blue haze
White smoke drifts from tables

Silhouettes sit at tables
Heads tilted down listening

Beer, wine, whiskey, flows
Down parched lonely throats

Outside past dark midnight
Grey fog flows in the streets

Notes drift smooth, cool, clear
In the hazy white hot air

Blue room lonely sad room
drown your blues in a cup

Listen alone to the piano
A single tear on a soft cheek

4 comments:

Annie Mouse said...

i loved the poem and the poster i thought went with it perfectly.

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely and interesting blog - and this poem is really beautiful.

Book Calendar said...

Thank you for stopping by and reading my poem. I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Very well done. Worth a Digg & a Stumble. :-)