Monday, June 16, 2008

Rambling On. Electric Morning

I feel a little rambunctious this morning. I have been reading more of Hot Text which is turning out to be very insightful. I wish I had read it earlier. It offers some interesting insights about how to write for the web.

I checked Locus Magazine and Science Fiction site this morning. I put House of Many Ways by Diana Wynn Jones on hold. This is something I am looking forward to read. Diana Wynn Jones has a really excellent sense of humor and does a very good job describing the fantastic.

Another book I am requesting is Implied Spaces by Walter Jon Williams.

The Library At Night by Alberto Manguel also just came here. It hasn't been processed yet. The cover has a very nice black and white image on the front.

After looking at http://cromely.blogspot.com, I took a little test which he had linked to on his site.




You Are a Little Negative...



You can be negative from time to time, but you rarely go overboard.

You have a realistic view of the world, and most people appreciate your honest insights.



Like everyone else, you have your darker moods.

But when you're feeling super negative, you keep your feelings to yourself.




I had a rather interesting experience this morning. While I was leaving, the fuse blew in the area of the computer room. Apparently, my computer somehow managed to overload the wiring. Iam not completely sure of this. I have to be careful when writing this. There was no brownout according to Con Ed. It only affected the front of my apartment. According to Con Edison people have been using a lot more energy in my area.



I am thinking about getting a battery device for my computer so it can power down properly if there is another brownout. I am lucky I had a functional surge protector which needed to be reset.



I am thinking I may need a new computer which can handle the web better and process things better. My computer is not that new, I upgraded it twice with new components, ram and programs. I am rather surprised it has lasted this long with the way I use it. The hard drive died earlier, but it was under warranty, so they sent me a new one.

I don't like spending money unless I know I will get something considerably better. I don't like Windows Vista. Right now, I have not decided what kind of computer to get. I think I'll get something soon...

No comments: