Friday, June 6, 2008

Morning Thoughts


Classic 1902 Washington Post Political Cartoon of Theodore Roosevelt and Bear

I now have two books which I am looking at which I am ambivalent about revewing that I read recently, The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushie, and One Foot In The Grave by Jeaniene Frost. I feel like, I could just sit and watch them for a while until my mind gels around them and I can start writing about them. But, then maybe not.

Tomorrow is The Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art Festival at the Puck Building In New York. I am definitely going to go see the show. It should be fun. I have gone every year since it started. http://www.moccany.org/ . It is kind of funny, I have never really had a chance to go to the actual museum. I might leave the show a bit early and go the exhibit they have at the museum, Moving Pictures Comics to Film.


I am browsing through, Theodor Seuss Geisel The Early Works of Dr. Seuss, Volume 2. It is mostly editorial cartoons with some short articles on ridiculous subjects like Sex and the Sea God, The Facts of Life, Or How Should I Tell My Child, and various other things.

Today has been pretty quiet. I made a few donations for retirement parties at work. It will be the usual cake, card, and a small gift. This morning, I brought my car in to the repair shop. Someone grazed the side of my car while it was parked near the house. It was late at night, the car that hit my car drove off before I could even get a look at it.

I have a kind of long term project at work. I have to start weeding the law books. I'll probably start with thinning out some of the books in the storage stacks, then bringing down some of the less used books. Things are quite tight in our law collection.

4 comments:

The Success said...

Thank to drop Ecard to my blog

The Success
http://the-success.blogspot.com

Book Calendar said...

Your welcome.

Stella said...

Reading, "It is mostly editorial cartoons with some short articles on ridiculous subjects like Sex and the Sea God, The Facts of Life, Or How Should I Tell My Child" was like finding out Shel Silverstein did cartoons for Playboy.

Book Calendar said...

Dr. Seuss was not initially a Children's author. It wasn't until he figured out that adults are very unreliable that he decided to focus on children's work. His other focus was doing editorial cartoons against nazism.

It also proved to be far more reliable as a source of income. For a very long time, Dr. Seuss was a children's book editor. He edited The Berenstain Bears