Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Random Thoughts, Ordering Books



Ordering Books

I spent some time this morning ordering manga and science fiction this morning. It was much easier to do because I had already visited a bookstore and a library to help with the order earlier. It went fairly quickly.

It took me half of the day, not the whole day to do this. I still have to organize my sources to look up and order business books next. I am going to do this tomorrow. I hope it goes quickly. Tomorrow is my late night.

Random Thoughts

When I am ordering things, I get very focused on what I am doing. I still have two books waiting for me at the front desk, House of Many Ways and The Long Tail.

I also haven't read the small stack of review material for books, several Publishers Weekly magazines, a New York Times Book Review, and a copy of the latest Library Journal. Surprisingly, there wasn't that much that fascinated me in the latest literature. I guess, I have been looking at a little too much literature lately.

On the way home, I read a bit of The Long Tail by Chris Anderson. It is a rather interesting read. Everyone seemed to be talking about this idea for a while. I thought it was a weird combination of niche marketing and merchandising before I started reading the book. So far, it is very interesting and very applicable to what is currently happening in libraries and bookstores. I think I may gain some unique insights from reading this book.

I also sat and wrote down categories for what I might order tomorrow. I just sat and thought about what people were asking me for in the business management section. Some of the things which came to mind were business plans, marketing plans, keyboarding, grant writing, board of directors responsibilities, ecommerce, introductory accounting, government contracts, venture capital, international business, franchising, and customer service.

No comments: