Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Afternoon Thoughts, Be Thankful

An Image of A Black Hole. We Could Have Been There Today.


Afternoon Thoughts

I spent some more time looking at Zoomii, I tried the different categories for social science books. I found that an awful lot of the books were textbooks which is not good for a public library. There of course was a mix of classic titles and new titles. I think that I found a few more books to order after looking through the storefront.

Our collection development meeting was cancelled this morning. It was kind of frustrating.

I also did some more weeding this afternoon. I constantly do weeding. I know it sounds tedious and it is, but it is something that I will be doing every single day for a long time. De-accessioning items is quite frankly a bit boring.

There was absolutely nothing interesting in the bestseller lists which I wanted to read from Publishers Weekly, or the New York Times Bestseller List. Sometimes these things bore me. I occassionally get that contrarian feeling where what is popular is not necessarily good. There is an awful lot of popular trash in the world.

How do you like the new font and font size? I am not going to center the header, I am going to resize the width so it fits better on the screen. It might take a bit for me to do it right.

Be thankful today that the day did not end in doom. We could have been swallowed by a giant black hole. But we weren't so breath a sigh of relief. :)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-fermilab-explainer_bd07sep07,0,1577860.story

No comments: