Monday, September 8, 2008

Some Light Thoughts, Palin and ALA (American Library Association)

Some Light Thoughts

Yay, there is a link from the Space Vulture book site to my review.
http://www.spacevulture.com/reviews.html

Life cannot be too serious.

Palin and ALA

The American Library Association made a statement that they were not allowed to politically discuss Sarah Palin's librarian issue.

http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6593850.html

Interesting. I wonder who threatened them about their 501c3 status. Apparently, they may lose their status as a nonprofit organization if they discuss political issues. Now, I really know where my bread is buttered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so ridiculous that they cannot 'discuss' the issue. This is a very important and telling thing about Palin's extremism. I hope that the truth becomes known about her--this is juts one small bit of evidence on her agenda.

Melinda

Book Calendar said...

I am a die hard supporter of intellectual freedom. You might call me a little extreme. I am a mmeber of both the Intellectual Freedom Roundtable of American Library Association, and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. This makes me a little over the top when it comes to censorship. I believe that hearings should be held before anyone even consides censorship. There are some cases where it makes sense. Most of the time it doesn't.