Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Zoomii (A New Format For Online Bookselling)

This is a weblink to a new form of online bookselling. It sells Amazon books on a bookstore map which is very browsable. You can search the covers by subject or browse around the online store. It is very interesting to me. I intend to spend some time looking at the different sections. It looks like pretty much all the selections are new material on popular subjects. It might be useful to use it as a selection tool.

I intend to spend some time writing about it some more tomorrow. I liked the resolution of the covers. I think it will take me a while to get used to the navigation.

The cover search engine is the best feature so far. I like it much better than the storefront. I think it is quite interesting. You put in your keyword, look at the bookcovers, then click on the cover to get a description of the book.

There are a lot of categories of books that are never reviewed and you have to look over the books to buy them. This is especially true of subjects like home improvement, electronics, plumbing, hvac, and other technical books. So, this could be potentially very useful. I may use it to look up these kind of subjects.

http://zoomii.com/#home

No comments: