Friday, February 27, 2009

Daily Thoughts 2/27/2009

Portrait of Jonathan Swift, Author of Gulliver's Travels.


Daily Thoughts 2/27/2009

Today has started slowly. I wrote my monthly report of the activities which I have done. I also checked on the movies for the Sunday film series. I did a bit of tidying up and updated my current events display. It is quiet here this morning.

I have been designing some rough drafts for flyers for the upcoming programs. I have sent a few of them over to the community relations person. Mostly, today has been a day to tidy things up a little bit. Cut extra scrap paper squares for the desk, make sure the reference room is in order, and keep my phone numbers and calendar updated.

I think I am ready to go to the Whiteplains Supreme Court Law Library on Monday.

One of my colleagues is leaving for the City College of New York. He is going to be a college librarian working in interlibrary loan. We had a nice discussion about the process of getting published. He is very interested in family literacy. One of his ideas is adapting different learning styles to family literacy.

We have a new librarian starting on Monday. She has worked with law material before. Hopefully, this will help us a bit with answering law questions.

On the train home, I finished reading the Caryatids. It was an excellent read. Tomorrow, I will work on writing a short review.

2 comments:

NathanKP said...

Interesting to see a picture of Jonathan Swift. I have a review of Gulliver's Travels scheduled for my blog.

Book Calendar said...

I remember seeing the animated Gulliver's Travels and really enjoying it. I also liked the book; fantastic satire is quite entertaining.