Sunday, February 15, 2009

Daily Thoughts

Book Plate of Louis Rhead from A Collection of Bookplate Designs by Louis Rhead, 1907


Daily Thoughts

I am on vacation this week. I plan on wrapping up a few things. Finishing my description of the O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing and writing a few book reviews of three books which I have read would be a nice start.

But first because I am on vacation, I need a little bit of nostalgic relaxation. I watched Scooby Doo Meets Batman this morning. I know it is not particularly serious. I rather liked the idea that Scooby liked bat cookies. Also seeing batman and robin driving around in the Mystey Machine was kind of fun.

The cartoon was from the 1972, so the cartoon was like the old Adam West television show, not very serious and not very violent. It was very relaxing. I got it from the library at work.

I am drinking my morning coffee right now.

I have two books I am reading right now. The first is There's No Elevator To The Top by Umesh Ramakrishnan. The second is Effective Fundraising For Nonprofits Real-World Strategies That Work, 2nd Edition by Ilona Bray, J.D. This is is Nolo press book. Nolo is known for the clear precise language in its books as well as legal books for the layperson.

The stimulus bill has passed. $200 million of that money could potentially be for computers in libraries. http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6637647.html

No comments: