Friday, February 13, 2009

Daily Thoughts


James Weldon Johnson

Daily Thoughts

On the train to work I was reading Mike Resnick, Starship: Mercenary. The main character, Captain Wilson Cole uses his brains to outwit the enemies he is facing. It is both entertaining and funny. I am on finishing my third book without reviewing a book yet.

This morning I spent some time switching old reference titles with new reference titles. I also put some new reference titles in our ready reference section behind the main reference desk.

I am also working on rearranging the furniture in the Job Information Center room. It looks to be going pretty well. We are moving six computers into the job center that are not internet connected. Moving the computers will allow us to shift the new books to be a better location. It was a lot of working preparing to move the annual reports, filing cabinets, and resume books.

We are putting in slat walls to display the new books. It should be much more visually appealing.

I did a bit of work with the law books. I have next week off starting with Presidents Day which will be a nice relief. I did a lot this week. More than I usually do.

I found a few peculiar things while wandering around the internet that I thought were worth posting. This is from Library Journal. Never Mind the Bollocks, Librarians Invented Sex, StupidAlfred Kinsey's "Lost" Report on Librarians and Sexuality
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6637320.html

The other equally irreverent thing was a book title on the Locus Bestseller list for paperbacks. None of our local libraries have it. It is a little odd. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

No comments: