Friday, October 16, 2009

Daily Thoughts 10/16/2009

This is a Walter Crane illustration for Bluebeard. I have seen Bluebeard in play form, comic book form, and fairytale form.



Daily Thoughts 10/16/2009



I spent some time weeding today in the paperbacks. Right now I am weeding the romance paperbacks. Romance is the most popular style of fiction. I am checking labels, condition, and circulation. I spent several hours going through the paperbacks today.



Two books came in for me to read, Sunflowers A Novel of Van Gogh by Sheramy Bendrick. The author is an art historian. She lists the paintings which she writes about in the novel in the back of the book and the museums they are currently in. She also has a set of questions for reading groups at the back of the book. I found this kind of interesting. The other book which I checked out is Warfighting by the U.S. Marine Corps. I occassionally read books on military strategy.



Last night I was watching Jules Verne, Mysterious Island. My favorite scene so far is a fight between the shipwrecked Americans and a giant crab where they knock the crab into a geyser and it boils. I like Ray Harryhausen's Superdynamation.

No comments: