Thursday, June 16, 2011

Daily Thoughts 6/16/2011 (On Change)

Graffiti "Homer" by artist Roman Minin on Diaghilev's House in Perm

Daily Thoughts 6/16/2011

This morning I read a little bit of the book On Change.  It consists of ten articles from the Harvard Business Review.  I rather enjoyed the article on IBM on how they worked to change their corporate values to something more contemporary.

Today has been another quiet day.  I checked the displays and updated the Twitter account this morning. I also spent a little bit of time on Evance which is used to set up the summer reading program.

There were two books that caught my attention, Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch and a series of comic books using Neil Gaiman's Sandman characters as small children drawn by Jill Thompson.  I am thinking of getting Deliriums Party A Little Endless Storybook

Web Bits

There is Now Shelf Awareness for Consumers called Shelf Awareness:Enlightenment for Readers.  I like reading Shelf Awareness.


http://www.shelf-awareness.com/issue.html?issue=1487#m12555

No comments: