Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Daily Thoughts 6/22/2011 (Ereaders)

Franz Hals, Portrait of a Man Holding Book, Oil on Canvas Between 1640 and 1643

Daily Thoughts 6/22/2011

I spent a bit of time today coordinating the ordering.  I also checked the Twitter account and the displays.  I am spending a lot of time on reference lately, people are out on vacation.


The book, Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch has come in for me to read.  I also spent some time today synching the Sony E-reader to download some free material so patrons can have something to check out.  There are a lot of classics for free like the Complete Works of Williams Shakespeare, the Bible, and Alice in Wonderland.

Today has mostly been very quiet.


Web Bits

Confronting the Future Strategic Visions for the 21st Century Public Library
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/oitp/publications/policybriefs/confronting_the_futu.pdf

Library Ebook Checkouts Get A Major Boost.
http://www.nytimes.com/external/readwriteweb/2011/06/15/15readwriteweb-library-e-book-checkouts-get-a-major-boost-65162.html?ref=technology%20%20








No comments: