Saturday, June 18, 2011

Daily Thoughts 6/18/2011 (Poetry)

Tsukioka Yoshitoshi; 100 Aspects of the Moon #25, "Gravemarker Moon" - The famous poetess Ono no Komachi meditates on the arrogance and heartlessness she displayed to her suitors as a young beauty; 1886, third month.
 
Daily Thoughts 6/18/2011

I rested a bit on the subway to work today.  Sometimes I do this.  We have the Writers Networking Event hosted by James Fair today on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m..  This time we are opening with a theme on summer.

This is a short piece I wrote.  I am not really sure it is poetry, but it is something that just came out of me.

Summer In Santa Barbara

Hot rain, steaming asphalt
and orange sherbet

Old cars, yellow trees
and sticky fingers

Grandfathers, swimming pools
ten cents a scoop

Patio chairs, portable radio
sweet summer dream

Orange trees, purple pansies
memories that stick

In a Santa Barbara Summer

I updated the Twitter account and checked the displays.  I took the reference desk for most of the morning.

No comments: