Thursday, June 23, 2011

Daily Thoughts 6/23/2011 (Ereaders)


Giuseppe Maria Crespi, Bookshelves, Oil On Canvas,ca 1725

Daily Thoughts 6/23/2011

This morning, I read some of Tolstoy and the Purple Chair. It is a memoir of reading books.  The author aims to read a book a day for a year and then review them.  The book was on the Indie Next list.  I liked the color of the cover and how the title was put together.  In the back, there is a list of the books Nina Sankovitch has read.  It is an interesting mix of contemporary literature, classics, science fiction, mysteries, international literature (I recognized some Portuguese, Indian, and Italian writers), and childrens books.  There were a few which I remember reading, Ed Mcbain, The Gutter and the Grave, Maggie Estep, Alice Fantastic, and Neil Gaiman, Stardust.

Today has been quiet so far.  I spent some time downloading classics onto our ereader -- things like The Odyssey, Pride and Prejudice, Emma,  Oliver Twist, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The New King James Bible Old and New Testament, and The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.  We are going to take the two readers in the display stand provided by Sony and circulate them soon.

This morning, I updated the Twitter account and checked the displays.  I also put an order for material in the afternoon.  I put the book, The Geeks Shall Inherit The Earth by Alexandra Robbins on hold.  I am looking forward to reading The Swerve: How The World Became Modern by Stephen Greenblatt.  It is coming out in September.

No comments: