Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daily Thoughts 6/29/2011


William Sydney Porter--    O.Henry, Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Daily Thoughts 6/29/2011


Today was another very steady day.  I checked the displays and the book sale.  I also tabulated another survey.  I discussed the Central Library District allotment with the director this morning and looked over peoples ordering assignments.

I also spent some time helping people with job search in the computer lab for an hour.  It is something we do on occassion. 

A lot of the teenagers are coming in for their assignment lists and signing up for summer reading.  Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees, and Animal Farm by George Orwell are very popular.  The short classics are what the teenagers want to read; The Pearl and The Red Pony by John Steinbeck,  Animal Farm by George Orwell, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, and The Prince by Machiavelli are quite short.

The book, How The Hippies Saved Physics, Science, Counterculture, and the Quantum Revival by David Kaiser came in for me to read.

I am looking forward to The Death Ray by Dan Clowes.  It should be an interesting graphic novel.  It is coming out in September.   I also think Lidia's Italy in America published by Knopf should do quite well.  I occassionally watch the cooking show on Channel 13 while I am folding laundry.

No comments: