Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Daily Thoughts 11/13/2012

Portrait of Jules Verne, from the 1876–1883 Men of Mark series by the photographers Lock & Whitfield.

Daily Thoughts 11/13/2012

On the train to work, I read some more of True North.  The book gives some examples of how self awareness affects job performance.  I also read some of Mindsight.  The author is describing how the different areas in the brain work.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the gifts and the displays.  We are getting even more new books.  It is nice to see them.

I spent today looking at some books like The Early Novels and Stories of James Baldwin, The Grapes of Wrath and Other Writings 1936 to 1941 of John Steinbeck, Harlem Renaissance Novels: Five Novels of the 1920s and some plays like Ruined by Lynn Nottage, Zoot Suit by Luis Valdez, and The Heidi Chronicles by Wendy Wasserstein.  I also took some time to look at Earlyword, reviews from Library Journal online, and other online reviews.

I read the latest New York Times Book Review and picked out some titles to order.  I also got another short list of missing items and reordered a few titles today.  We have the computer classes tonight.  Last week was canceled because we were closed on election day, and the week before that we had the hurricane.  It is nice to see the Tuesday night computer classes restarting.

No comments: