Thursday, November 29, 2012

Daily Thoughts 11/29/2012

Piles of French Novels, Vincent Van Gogh, 1887

Daily Thoughts 11/29/2012

This morning, I read some more of On Politics V.2.  I am reading about Karl Marx right now.  The concept of proledic or the dictatorship of the proletariat is something which makes me a bit uncomfortable.

I checked the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library.  I also checked the displays.  The Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library are getting the community room ready for the book sale tomorrow.

The computer lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.

I spent a little time weeding in the 900s.

On the way home, I read some more of On Politics V.2.  I find myself not identifying with concepts like bourgeoise, or capital, or even working class.  There are some more recent terms like intellectual or creative professional which make more sense to me.  One of the organizations that I find interesting is the IETF Internet Engineering Task Force who make it a point to have to have no voting, no kings, and make decisions by rough consensus.

25 Years of IETF: setting standards without kings or votes.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2011/01/25-years-of-ietf-setting-standards-without-kings-or-votes/

No comments: