Monday, November 19, 2012

Daily Thoughts 11/19/2012

Jean Baptiste Camille Corot, The Reader Wreathed with Flowers (Virgil's Muse), 1845

Daily Thoughts 11/19/2012

I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  Some new books came in.  One of them is Protecting Intellectual Freedom In Your Public Library Scenarios From the Front Lines by June Pinnell-Stephens.  It should be interesting.

I read a bit more of The Startup of You and Mindsight.  I rather like the idea in Mindsight that everyone has a "core-self" or ipse.

I did a little more inventory in the mezzanine 800s. I also spent some time reading the latest Booklist and the New York Times Book Review.

I am spending a little time looking at a report generated which lists items that have circulated 5+ times in the last year.  Hopefully, this should give us a better sense of what people want.

Web Bits

Stop the press: half of self-published authors earn less than $500
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/may/24/self-published-author-earnings

No comments: