Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Daily Thoughts 12/03/2013

An image to illustrate peacock terms on Wikipedia, akin to weasel for weasel words. A reminder to not get too overblown or tricky.

Daily Thoughts 12/03/2013

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I put in an order for bestselling titles.

The book, The Hunter and Other Stories by Dashiell Hammett came in for me to read.

I am looking forward to reading The Complete Cosmicomics in April 2014 by Italo Calvino. I am quite fond of his science fiction, it is very humorous.

I put the latest copy of Bookpages out which is a popular review magazine.

I also did a little bit of updating to Bookletters.

It has been a quiet, steady day.

The library has two computer classes tonight, a Beginning Microsoft Word Class, and a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class. So far, the classes are going very well.

Web Bits

Taking the Temperature of Libraries and Bookstores

http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2013/shatzkin-taking-the-temperature-of-libraries-and-bookstores/?et_mid=650690&rid=240836703

No comments: