Monday, December 23, 2013

Daily Thoughts 12/23/2013

A Man Seated At A Table Covered With Books, Rembrandt, 1636

Daily Thoughts 12/23/2013

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also downloaded a report, Ebook Usage in U.S. Public Libraries from Library Journal online. It should be informative.

I am going to the City Council Meeting in Mount Vernon, New York today, even though I have a day off. I have done this for more than five years. I think the budget will be discussed today which includes the library budget. If you support the library please come. I have become a little more familiar with city government because of this.

I am off tomorrow and the next day, for Christmas Eve and Christmas day which should be relaxing. I always try and relax during the holidays.

I spent some more time reading Strategy A History. I am reading about concepts of strategy in the bible and early Greek history and myth. A context for David and Goliath, Odysseuss, and the Trojan horse is given. Right now, I am reading about Thucydides and the Pelopponesian war.

Web Bits

19 Awesomely Designed Books That Prove Print Isn't Dead

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lincolnmichel/19-awesomely-designed-books-from-2013-that-prove-print-isnt

Great Libraries of the World Pinterest Board

http://www.pinterest.com/amlibraries/great-libraries-of-the-world/

No comments: