Monday, December 9, 2013

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2013

Edward Lamson Henry, Library Interior, Circa 1900.

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2013

I read some more of My Beloved World. Sonia Sotomayor says that one of the reasons she was inspired to become a judge was because of Nancy Drew and Perry Mason.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

They are putting in new shelving in the new books area.

I spent some time shifting the new books into the fresh new books shelving this afternoon. I also redistributed the display stands for new books and picked out some books to display. This included redoing the Current Events and Biography display.

I also spent some time putting together some ideas for a strategic plan for collection development and electronic resources.

I read some more of Sonia Sotomayor, My Beloved World. The young adult librarian bought an e-book copy of this book through the Overdrive Advantage program which allows our library to buy copies for our patrons. I am reading about how Sonia Sotomayor's moved the family out of the Bronx ghetto into co-op city which is affordable housing during Sonia Sotomayor's childhood. I am also reading about how her mother went to community college in the Bronx to improve her licensed practical nurses degree to become a registered nurse which is a step up in responsibility. This is very much a story of how a family steadily moves up in class in the world.

Web Bits

WSJ's War on the DOJ's War on Apple.

http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2013/wsjs-war-on-the-dojs-war-on-apple/

No comments: