Thursday, July 24, 2014

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2014

Portrait of the Historian and Archeologist Ivan Egorovich Zabelin, Ilya Repin, 1877
Daily Thoughts 07/24/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also spent a little time thinking about training.

On the way to work I read some more of House of Outrageous Fortune.  I am reading about the process of selling apartments in 15 Central Park West.  I am learning that many of the people who live there work at hedge funds or big companies like Goldman Sachs.

There is a virtual teen conference today from School Library Journal.
http://www.slj.com/summerteen/#_

I checked the displays this morning.  I also checked the flyers for the different adult programs.  I spent some time working on the Adult Summer Reading program. 

This afternoon, the library is showing the film, The Secret Life of Bees and discussing the book by Sue Monk Kidd.

I spent a little time working on a few committee reports for tomorrow.  The biweekly management meeting is tomorrow.

I have a copy of Booklist to read.

Web Bits

Working With Libraries A Handbook for Comics Creators
http://cbldf.org/2014/07/cbldf-releases-working-with-libraries-a-handbook-for-comics-creators/



Small Libraries Try to Fill Tech Gap



The Wikipedia Library Project: What is it, how you can get involved




No comments: