Thursday, July 31, 2014

Daily Thoughts 07/31/2014

Woman Reading in a Cashmere Shawl, John Singer Sargent, 1909

Daily Thoughts 07/31/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gifts.  I also did  a bit more work with the planned library survey.

I have to do a little bit of work with the oversize books today.  I spent some time talking to a colleague about training.

I found out that in addition to Stan Lee being the honorary chair of National Library Card Sign Up Month in September, the theme for banned books week on September 21-27 is graphic novels.
http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/node/2076

I put the book, Born Reading Bringing Up Bookworms in the Digital Age by Jason Boog on hold.  Jason Boog wrote for Galleycat.  I also placed the young adult novel Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon on hold.  These were in the August edition of Bookpages which I put out today for patrons to look through.

I put in an interlibrary loan request for Customer Based Collection Development by Karl Bridges.  This is something that interests me considerably.

Web Bits



ALA applauds presidential signing of workforce bill

The 2013 Public Library Data Service Statistical Report: Characteristics and Trends

No comments: