Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Daily Thoughts 07/30/2014

Book of Wisdom, 1924, Nicholas Roerich

Daily Thoughts 07/30/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook page.  I checked the displays this morning and spent some time working on the survey.  I did a little bit of work in the oversize section.  I am updating some of the Bookletters pages with new material.

I spent some time discussing training with colleagues.  There is a Microsoft Access class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight in the computer lab.

I found a book called The Library Beyond the Book by Jeffrey T. Schnapp and Matthew Battles.  There was a bit of it in an article here The Accumulibrary Forget the Dewey Decimal System.  Libraries Should be Lawless. http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/07/the_accumulibrary_modern_libraries_should_be_as_big_and_chaotic_as_amazon.html
A little bit of scrambled thinking.

Web Bits



Librarians, Media React to Launch of Kindle Unlimited

Get a Read on How Much You Can Save Using the Library

No comments: