Monday, September 1, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/01/2014


Daily Thoughts 09/01/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I do this sometimes.  I am on vacation.  I am around Seattle, Washington.  I went to Third Place Books yesterday and bought a present for someone, a copy of the photography book, Sierra Nevada: The John Muir Trail by Ansel Adams.  The store was packed.  I picked up a copy of their calendar.  They were doing a signing for Louise Penny.  I got a lot of questions about the book, Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon.  I like Michael Chabon's nonfiction better than his fiction.

I also went to the farmers market.  I learned that they have drive through windows for Starbucks in Seattle.  I thought this was kind of odd.

I spent a little time at a garage sale.  Mostly I don't buy books from garage sales.  A lot of the things which I see are things like crafting, Sunset books, popular novels, and cookbooks.  They are often past their due date.

No comments: