Thursday, September 25, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/25/2014

The Open Book, Juan Gris, 1925

Daily Thoughts 09/25/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Organized Mind by Daniel J. Levitin. There is a description how breaking things down into small discrete parts which are easier to do, then doing the parts one at a time is often the easiest way to get things done.  There is also a reminder that getting enough sleep improves memory and performance.

This morning, I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also printed up some more flyers for programs.  I am covering the computer lab today from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m..  There is a Microsoft Excel computer class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Sometimes patrons ask for interesting books.  This caught my attention,
Dr. Mutter’s Marvels: A True Tale of Intrigue and Innovation at the Dawn of Modern Medicine by Cristin Aptowicz.

I placed the book Transcendental by James Gunn on hold.

Web Bits


The National Book Awards Second Annual Long List Honor Jane Smiley, Edward O. Wilson, Louise Gluck, and More

How Busy People Make Time to Read and You Can Too


No comments: