Monday, September 22, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/22/2014



A Trip Around the World, A Story Time, WPA Poster, Between 1936 and 1940

Daily Thoughts 09/22/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of  The Organized Mind.  Daniel J. Levitin is describing the fallacy of multitasking and how it is better to concentrate on one thing at a time.  He is also describing how it is important to not be checking your email all day long.  Having set times during the day helps.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent some time discussing grants, plans for our computer classes, and programming this morning.

I also placed an order for new books this morning.  On Saturday we got a request for a few items that are only available as e-books.


Web Bits


Banned Books by the Numbers (Infographics)

Public Libraries Offer More Than Just Books to Teens

No comments: