Monday, September 8, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/08/2014


Daily Thoughts 09/08/2014

On the way to work, I read some more of The Warmth of Other Suns.  I am reading about picking cotton in Mississippi and picking oranges in Florida.  I also read a bit more of Supersurvivors.  The author is writing about facing death.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and put in a few more books for the Banned Books week display.  A lot of quality literature has been challenged.  Things like One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.  Books with a strong political message are more likely to be challenged.

The book, The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell came in for me to read.  I placed an order of books this morning.  I also did a little more work on the survey.  I have a lot of different paperwork to do this week including two sets of statistics.

Another book came in this afternoon, The Organized Mind Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel J. Levitin.   As always, I have bit too much to read.

I spent a little time shifting books in the oversize section.  I also spent some time printing flyers and did an email blast of an event flyer.  I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.

No comments: