Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/09/2014

Still Life With Newspaper, Juan Gris, 1916

Daily Thoughts 09/09/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time reading through the October Ingram Advance as well as the Ingram Advance Holiday Gift Books 2014 Guide.

We showed the film, The Maltese Falcon.  I always liked the ending with the quote from Humphrey Bogart, "This is the stuff that dreams are made of."

I spent some time doing some shifting in the oversize books.  I also did a little bit of weeding in the section on Africa.

I have been looking at the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act as it relates to libraries.  There is some very interesting material.



Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act

ALA Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act

Workforce Investment Act

There are two computer classes tonight.  A Beginning Microsoft Word class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class from 6:35 p.m. to 7:35 p.m. 


Web Bits

Future Library Opens for Books Nobody Can Read Until 2114
http://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/future-library-opens-for-books-nobody-can-read-until-2114-1603777/

OCLC Perceptions of Libraries 2010
https://www.oclc.org/en-US/reports/2010perceptions.html

No comments: