Thursday, September 18, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/18/2014

Portrait of a Man With a Newspaper, Andre Derain, 1913

Daily Thoughts 09/18/2014

On the way to work, I read some of the book, Acceptance by Jeff Vandermeer which is a weird tale set in an otherworldly place called Area X.  It is the third book in the Southern Reach Trilogy.  I am finding it both intriguing and a bit disturbing.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I went to the board meeting and talked about my department.  It was an interesting experience.  I probably spent too much time talking, but felt that I had a lot which needed saying.  Some of it was focused on shelving, electronic resources, computer classes, and the collection.

There was a consultant who wrote grants and a planning consultant at the meeting. A lot of it was adminstrative focusing on budgeting, staffing, and the general operations of the library.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also spent some time working on the job information center books.  I try and do a little bit each day.

I spent some time talking to people about programs.  I am looking at the book, Images of America, Mount Vernon Revisited by Dr. Larry H. Spruill and Donna M. Jackson.  It is a new about the history of Mount Vernon, New York with lots of pictures including some pictures of the library.

There is a program tonight called Sharp Again Naturally which is about how to reverse dementia and prevent Alzheimers.  It is from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the community room.  There is also a Basic Gmail class in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits



Libraries Welcome Writers In Residence

No comments: