Thursday, September 11, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/11/2014


Daily Thoughts 09/11/2014

This morning, I read some of The Organized Mind.  I am reading about how there are a limited amount of decisions a person can make in a day without losing their train of thought.  Part of the process of overcoming information overload is deciding what is important.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  We have a lot of James Patterson and Michael Connelly paperbacks which have been donated to us which we are adding.

I also spent some time shifting books in the oversize collection and preparing for my weekly order of fiction and nonfiction books next week.

I wrote up the monthly statistics for August and am working on a summary of the statistics for the Adult Summer Reading Program. 

I have to spend some time tomorrow looking at options on how to expand the number of people who can take computer classes.  Next week, I also have to do a presentation to the board of trustees on my department.

The book, Acceptance by Jeff Vandermeer which is the third novel in the Southern Reach Trilogy came in for me to read.


Web Bits


Millienials Are Outreading Older Generations

New Pew Report Explores Young Americans Library Habits
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/libraries/article/63958-new-pew-report-explores-young-americans-library-habits.html

No comments: