Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/10/2014


Daily Thoughts 09/10/2014

Last night, I finished reading Supersurvivors The Surprising Link Between Suffering and Success by David Feldman, Ph.D. & Lee Daniel KravitzI especially liked the section on the necessity of forgiveness to move on with peoples lives.  This morning, I read a bit more of The Warmth of Other Suns.  Right now, I am reading about some of the reasons African Americans left the south to head north during the great migration.

I finished going through the books on Africa this morning.  I also did some shifting in the oversize books.  In addition, I checked the gift books and the displays.  The Poetry Workshopis tonight from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..  The teacher is going to play a Langston Hughes CD as part of the class.

The graphic novel, Seconds by Bryan Lee O'malley came in for me to read this afternoon.  I put the book The Human Age The World Shaped by Us by Diane Ackerman on hold.  I also read a copy of the New York Times Book Review.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Word Class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Computer Lab tonight as well.

Web Bits



Libraries in Brooklyn Add Hours and Staff
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/nyregion/libraries-in-brooklyn-add-hours-and-staff.html
I used to work at Brooklyn Public Library.

No comments: