Friday, February 10, 2017

Daily Thoughts 02/10/2017


Morte d'Arthur, Sir Thomas Malory (British, 1415/18–1471), 1893


Daily Thoughts 02/10/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Atlas Obscura last night.  There is a quirky charm to the book.  There is a website that goes with the book.  http://www.atlasobscura.com

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent some time working on an order of books today for Central Library District funds.  I also put in some orders.

I talked with some people about programming.  There is a Heart Health program on March 2, 2017 in the community room.  I also discussing flyer content for the computer classes and the senior memoir writing class in March.

I wrote my monthly report for February.

I read some more of Ghetto The Invention of a Place, The History of An Idea on the way home.  A lot of the book is focused on Harlem and Chicago.  I am reading about Kenneth Clark right now.  The previous section was on Horace Cayton.

I also read some more of Reality is Not What It Seems.  I am reading about early atomism focused on the Greek philosopher Democritus.

Web Bits

Is the Library The New Public Square


No comments: