Friday, February 24, 2017

Daily Thoughts 02/24/2017


Blind Homer Led by the Genius of Poetry, Edward Sheffield Bartholomew (1822–1858) 1851

Daily Thoughts 02/24/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also finished reading In the Great Green Room The Brilliant and Bold Life of Margaret Wise Brown by Amy Gary.  It was a biography that showed a complicated life.  Margaret Wise Brown was a woman who loved animals, dogs, nature and hunting.  She wrote children's books but wanted to write for an adult audience.  I am quite fond of her books, The Runaway Bunny and Goodnight Moon.  I thought this was an excellent telling of life story with plenty of drama and conflict.  The story is as much a story about love and family as it is about writing.

I spent some time reading technology plans from Santa Cruz Public Library and Anchorage Public Library.  I was a page at Santa Cruz Public Library a long time ago.

I wrote a sample proposal for my Budget and Finance class for the CPLA.  I also spent some time working on my Management of Technology class.

Tech Soup has an RFP library on how to write proposals.
http://www.techsoup.org/support/articles-and-how-tos/rfp-library

Web Bits


Libraries in the 21st Century Why Law Libraries Are More Important Than Ever

Information Is Garbage

Libraries are a Safe Haven for Homeless People-- But Locals Seek to Exclude Them

Top 5 Myths About National Library Legislative Day


No comments: