Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Daily Thoughts 03/29/2017

Vanitas Still-life - Pieter Claesz
Vanitas, Peter Claesz, 1628


Daily Thoughts 03/29/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.


I read the latest New York Times on the subway to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.  I put in several orders of books.  I also put in an order for some e-books.

I worked a little bit on statistics as well.

Today, there is a class on On Organizing Files and Folders for your desktop from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

I spent some time working on the 500s.  I also prepared a list for the 600s.

I placed a hold on the book, New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson.

I finished reading Fast Food Nation The Dark Side of the All American Meal by Eric Schlosser.  This is a muckraking expose of the fast food industry.  It is mainly focused on hamburgers and the cattle industry.  The last part tells how McDonald's and other fast food chains are spreading worldwide.

Web Bits

Mount Vernon Residents Fight for MVPL to Keep Its Central Status
http://www.blackwestchester.com/fight-for-mvpl-central-library-status/

Mount Vernon Public Library Could Lose Central Library Designation
http://westchester.news12.com/news/mount-vernon-public-library-could-lose-central-library-designation-1.13330470


Automation 

Evidence That Robots Are Winning The Race for American Jobs
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/upshot/evidence-that-robots-are-winning-the-race-for-american-jobs.html?_r=0

No comments: