Thursday, March 30, 2017

Daily Thoughts 03/30/2017

Still Life with Newspaper - Juan Gris
Juan Gris, Still Life With Newspaper, 1916

Daily Thoughts 03/30/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also made some notes from my email on the central library status.

I read the New York Daily News which they were handing out at the train station for free.  It is a local paper.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

April is National Mental Wellness Month.  I am doing a display on this subject tomorrow.

I put in some orders for new books today.

I read a copy of Publishers Weekly and the New York Times Book Review.  I put the latest Bookpage out as well.

I had a variety of miscellaneous tasks to take care of as well.  Hopefully, I will be able to able to interview someone for a librarian position next week.

There is a social media class tonight from 5;30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

Web Bits


Mount Vernon Loves Its Library          
      
Acclaimed History Author Takes on the Civil War at the Library

How A Kind Librarian Changed Author Richard Wagamese's Life

Fight for Libraries This Week How You Can Act to Preserve Funding

No comments: