Friday, December 1, 2017

Daily Thoughts 12/01/2017

Reading girl - Ilya Repin
Reading Girl, Ilya Repin, 1876

Daily Thoughts 12/01/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Opening Up By Writing It Down How Expressive Writing Improves Health and Eases Emotional Pain by James W. Pennebaker, PhD, and Joshua M. Smyth, PhD.  The last part is about when to write your down your thoughts for expressive purposes.  The authors remind us that writing for emotional reasons is a private matter which should not be shown to other people. They also describe a regular practice of several times a week for fifteen minutes to half an hour each session.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I put out copies of the new computer class schedule as well as the schedule for immigration help.

I spent some time discussing marketing with the director.  I also made some comments on our parking situation.

I checked some more of the 800s.  I also spent some time in the computer lab.

Web Bits

Registration Opens for National Library Legislative Day
http://www.districtdispatch.org/2017/12/19953/


Net Neutrality Protections Eliminated In Draft FCC Order

Green Roofed Kew Gardens Hill Library Lures Patrons Indoors With Lifted Facade

No comments: